Okay so what if I don’t have a boyfriend, what if I don’t believe men, what if I hate even a friend who is boy, I still have a right to write about men. :) Based on my limited/scarce/ prejudiced/inadequate/shallow knowledge on the subject, I shall share the list - MY LIST - of various types of men that exist on the planet. There is so much I want to say before starting out with my list, but I am suffering from a memory lapse since the time I woke up this morning – with the younger brother living with me these days, with his engineering college admission processes, with his lunch/dinner worries, with his ‘I-m-so-fucking-bored’ rant every day, with our late night make-cruel-fun-of-our-relatives sessions, etc etc etc – because I am too exhausted for life at the moment. So cut and straight to the point I go – Type 1: I-am-your-best-friend Man This type is abundant. They want to be your friend and share all your highs and lows. They take care of you, they know you and your feelings, they seem trustable and dependable and they are the perfect guy-friends. Come to think of it, they are 10 times better than most of your girl friends. (most of the girl friends, not all). They claim this is a platonic relationship, against the ‘when harry met sally’ law – boys and girls can never be friends – and even you, the smart ass yourself, believe them. Everything goes well till he is distracted by other girls for the ‘girl-friend’ sake. You laugh with him on his flirtatious exploits with other girls inspite of being a girl yourself because you think you are a different league that these ‘other’ girls with this best-friend. But nooooooooooooo, every man has to be a man. Sooner or later, the other angel crops up and spoils everything. This angle can be –
- he falls in love with you,
- he cheats you by saying he is in love with you while saying the same thing to some other random girl (i pity this other girls also),
- he is not comfortable with your other guy friends because he is the ‘Best-Friend’,
- he is actually a regular selfish person who – when left with no other girl because of various reasons – starts the more-than-friends bullshit with you hoping you will reciprocate,
- he has been dumped by all other girls (because some girls are smart, unlike you, and they figure him out in time) and now you have caught his fancy.