...so even if romance is not my territory, here I am. Blame it on the unexpected May rains that are constantly hitting Delhi-Gurgaon - not in a positive way, but in a depressing-nostalgic-blue-gloomy-'what the hell !' way. Rains always do this to me, I get all depressed and then I get restless. Song in the background-'Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down' by The Carpenters - inspired by many bloggers who write backdrop songs for every posts. Thank you!!! Anyway, getting back to romance...My association with romance is limited. I am one of those - all adjectives courtesy my close friends - 'snobs in the air', 'date-lazy', 'highly opinionated', 'commitment phobic' and 'unapproachable' women you've heard about. I am either too busy in whateverrrr that I hardly notice guys/men or even once in a rare while when I do like someone, he has to - has to -has to be married. I've always had this thing for older men, sigh. So all in all I am an expert in unrequited love where there is never a future to fantasize about. And long lived romance doesn't agree with me. Period.
With all that I have felt and experienced, because I promised a post about Rohhmance and because it is raining outside, I am tempted to write about the things I like about romance, about being in love. No doubt this post will serve as a 'notes to myself' kind of thingy and it is more or less like a laundry list, but what the hell! Here I go...
- The state of constant trance
- Holding hands
- Secret Jokes that only you two share
- Locking eyes for long 4/5 sec when in a group and then smiling
- Stolen Kisses in elevator/parking lot/dressing rooms in malls
- Crazy pictures you take on every occasion and every non-occasion
- Remembering all dates without any aid - you just get clever with romance
- The new impractical, irrational and crazy you
- Blushing (Well, sometimes)
- The no-harm-intended caresses that are anything but harmless :)
- The sincere appreciation that you get on your lamest possible creation - cooking, idea, text msg
- Sharing a slice of pizza from last night
- Constantly saying silly yet important things "Dinner's awful. I love you. The day was a bitch. Lowe you. Vegetables kill. I loooooove you. I'll skip work tomorrow. I lurv you. Blah Blah Blah. I love you."
- Dressing up -with and extra effort - and actually enjoying it
- Feeing his gaze on you when you are among friends
- Watching him sleep
- Counting his heart beats
- Wearing his perfume
- Roaming around in his clothes - over sized, full of his feel and warmness
- Collecting the otherwise senseless stuff that suddenly comes in the 'collectibles' category - like chocolate wrappers and restaurant bills
- A new emotion called insecurity (better when it is from the other side)
- Finally, as someone has said "One of the best things about love is just recognizing a man's step when he climbs the stairs."
Next time I will give a full description of Trish, or maybe she'll again take over and gloat about herself on my blog - she knows all the passwords. So off I go to pull over the blinds, its raining outside again.